- 80g Sugar
- Water to cover just the sugar around 8 tsp
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Apples
- 150g Sugar
- 95g Double Cream
- 185g Flour
- 4g Baking Powder
- 2 pinch Salt
- 65g Melted Butter a bit more for the mould
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- In a pot add the sugar and the water bring to high heat and let it caramelised.
- Butter a mould. Once the caramel is golden brown pour in the mould.
- Peel and slice the apples and line them in the mould.
- In a bowl mix the eggs and the sugar for 2 minutes before pouring the cream.
- Add the flour and baking powder then the melted butter with the salt.
- Pour in the mould.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
Perfect served with chantilly cream.
To check the cooking insert a knife into the cake if the blade comes back clean it is ready.
This recipe can easily be made coeliac friendly by replacing the flour by gluten free one as well as the baking powder.