- 4 Eggs (Yolk and white separate)
- 175 g Sugar (1 cup)
- 100 g Flour (1/2 cup)
- 1 Orange (Zest plus juice)
- 15 g Baking powder (3 tsp)
- 1 shot Cointreau (Totally optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
2. Whisk the egg whites for a good 5 minutes, set aside in a bowl.
3. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients whisk.
5. Fold in last the egg whites.
6. In the oven for 20 minutes check after 15 minutes and lower the temperature if necessary.
Best to eat warm with cream or mascarpone…
Heated for 10 seconds in the microwave should do the trick the next day.
This is a cake I usually do Gluten-free so everything is ok to be swapped, tested and guaranteed to be gorgeous all the same.