- 75g Butter
- 2 Eggs and 1 Yolk
- 70g Sugar
- 1/2 Vanilla Pod
- 60g Plain Flour
- 2g Baking Powder
- 2g Salt
- 1 Lemon Zest
- Melt the butter, I usually use the microwave and pop it for a few seconds in there.
- Open the vanilla pod horizontally in two and scrap the seeds. Whip the eggs with the sugar until the mix blanches, add the vanilla seeds and the zests.
- Mix the flour with the salt and the baking powder.
- Combine the two slowly and add the melted butter mixing with a spatula at the same time.
- Film the preparation and leave it to rest in the fridge for at least 2h30 you can even go up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 210°. Grease the moulds with butter the sprinkle some flour, it will help you to take your madeleines off.
- Pour a teaspoon of the mix into each mould.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
You can be adventurous and swap the lemon for Orange or even Yuzu.
This recipe can also like many be done totally Gluten-Free with a swap of flour and baking powder.