- 6 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 thumb Ginger or ginger purée
- 2 Garlic Cloves or garlic purée
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soya Sauce
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch Chili Flakes
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Spring Onion thinly sliced
- Preaheat the oven at 180C.
- Diced the chicken breast and in a bowl coat them in 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- Add the two eggs mix well and coat the chicken. Discard the egg wash that isn’t sticking to the chicken.
- Add the paprika, flour and seasoning. Coat everything.
- On a tray cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Check that it is well cooked.
- In the meantime in a very hot pan add the sesame oil and thinly sliced ginger and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, soya sauce, sugar, honey and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the Chili flakes. In a bowl mix 1 cup of water with 3 tbsp of cornflour add to the sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thick add the cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and or coriander, sliced spring onions.
Served perfectly with rice or broccoli.
You can also add some rice vinegar 1/3 cup to the sauce to counter the sweetness.