Yield: One loaf and one baguette
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Additional Time: 5 hours 30 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
A quicker and easy loaf plus a baguette using only 250g of strong flour.
- 250g Strong White Flour
- 50g Rye Flour
- 200g All Purpose White Flour
- 100g Starter Dough (Taking out the night before and fed) or 7 g dried yeast.
- 340g Water Tepid
- 7g Salt
- Knead all the ingredients together for 10 minutes. Rest for 45 minutes.
- Stretch and Fold and leave to rest the dough for 45 minutes.
- Repeat the stretch and fold and rest for 1 hour.
- Another stretch and fold, the dough should be able to be translucent and not break. Leave to rest another hour.
- Divide, here I usually do one big loaf and a half baguette of 200g. Roughly shape and leave to rest under a wet tea towel for one hour.
- Shape the loaf round by folding the edges underneath the dough stretching it while rolling it. Fold the baguette three times on itself and blend the edges together then roll it on the floured counter top holding the edges. Leave to rest on a baking sheet or paper for one hour under a wet tea towel.
- Preheat the oven at 260C for 10 minutes.
- Score the bread and cook for 10 minutes at 260C with a tray of boiling water underneath. Lower to 230C, the baguettes cooks in 30 minutes, 40 minutes for the loaf.